Friday, October 10, 2008

Acceleration by Graham McNamee

Duncan works in the lost and found at the Toronto Transit Commission. Items that are lost on buses and the subways are brought to the subbasement of the Bay subway station, and it is Duncan's job to retrieve them from the bins when a person comes to request their lost item. Sometimes when work is slow, Duncan sets a lawn chair up in front of the book bin and searches for an entertaining book. A plain brown leather journal catches his eye. As he flips through the journal, he finds newspaper clippings and very disturbing journal enteries. Duncan believes the journal writer is just one step away from committing murder but because he has a juvenile record Duncan thinks the police will not believe him if he brings the journal forward. But Duncan has a plan.

1 comment:

AujanaeW said...

I believe that this book sounds really good. The reason why is because I like thirst quenching books and I like books that will keep me on my feet. I think this is going to be my next book. :)